Habitat for Humanity Nepal’s vision is a world in which everyone has a safe and decent place to live. Habitat Nepal operates as part of an international network with a common objective of reducing poverty and eliminating substandard housing and homelessness from the world.
Habitat for Humanity Nepal invites applications from highly qualified candidates for the following positions:
1. Senior Manager (Housing Support Services) - 1
- The Senior Manager – Housing Support Services is responsible for providing practical expertise in all phases of construction and reconstruction including the social and legal context in accordance with standards set by Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI). He/she is also responsible to provide support the Program Director to implement all aspects of the program and transfer his/her skill set to national staff and partners.
2. Site Engineer - 1
- The Site Engineer is responsible to provide basic hands-on construction training to the local as well as foreign volunteers and mentor local workers in order to successfully completing the projects. He/she is also responsible for developing work plans, bills of quantity (BOQs), filing for building permits at the municipal level and taking a construction project from concept to completion. The site engineer will be ensuring safety of volunteers and workers and the quality of construction works.
3. Global Village Assistant - 1
- The Global Village (GV) Assistant is responsible to provide hosting and administrative support under the direct supervision of Global Village Manager. The GV Assistant also needs to prepare the build site prior to the arrival of international volunteers, support on entire build and provides follow up data of the families for the successful delivery of Global Village Program.
These positions are based in Kathmandu with frequent travel to project areas.
Application Deadline: December 17, 2017
Please refer to www.habitatnepal.org/careers for the complete position description. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply with an application letter and updated resume by December 17, 2017 addressed to:
National Director, Habitat for Humanity International, Nepal
Habitat Nepal is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage candidates of diverse background, women and differently abled, to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.