Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identify, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
This position holder will serve as a senior member of the project team and will conceptualize and implement innovative approaches to link emerging farm entrepreneurs and other Micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) in the livestock/agriculture sector with institutional finance in Nepal. S/he will lead development and execution of the overall strategic vision, goals, and objectives of the access to finance component. In collaboration with different value chain actors, related stakeholders, and other program units of the project, build the capacity of the entrepreneurs and other MSMEs so that they are successful in obtaining loan/investment for start-up and growth of their enterprise operations. This position will be responsible for exploring appropriate financial service provider and maintain long-term and productive/functional relationships with both funding institutions (BFIs, Venture Capitalists, Angel Investors, Private Investors, and program beneficiaries (individual farmers, cooperatives, Community Agro-Vet Entrepreneurs (CAVEs), traders, butchers and processors and so on).
Master degree in Agriculture Economics/Finance/Business management with minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in the field of agriculture/livestock value chains including access to finance.
- Proven experience on Private sector engagement
- Experience on livestock economics/value chain
Most Critical Proficiencies:
- Practical knowledge and understanding of key access to finance opportunities and constraints along agriculture value chain in Nepal,
- Demonstrated experience in training and capacity building of financial services providers, smallholder farmers/rural SMEs and base of the pyramid consumers. Experience in addressing gender inequality in financial market systems highly preferred.
- Ability to work independently – and take initiative while also having strong team building skills
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to verify information
- Knowledge of Market Development, Value Chain and Public/Private Sector Engagement
- Strong skills in market analysis, feasibility studies, enterprise budgeting and finance,
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial statements, cash flow statements, financial ratios and business projections,
- Excellent management, communication and interpersonal skills
- A good understanding of and sensitivity to issues associated with poverty, hunger and the knowledge of the context in which non-profit organizations operate
- Demonstrated understanding of the economic, social, and cultural dynamics of agriculture/livestock production systems in Nepal.
- Demonstrated networks and trust relations in Nepalese financial market,
- Experience with both formal and informal finance mechanisms,
- Proven track-record in rolling out new and innovative rural financing products, including value chain finance instruments.
- Demonstrated strong writing and oral presentation skills in English and Nepali,
- The successful candidate will have excellent technical and leadership experience in expanding access to finance, business development services and training.
- Experience in financial institution and enterprise level technical assistance, training and training curriculum development
- Interest in the livestock sector and women’s economic empowerment
Interested applicants are requested to send the below documents to firstname.lastname@example.org